Author Topic: DxO ONE keeps restarting (power cycling)  (Read 1586 times)

seldomstatic

DxO ONE keeps restarting (power cycling)
« on: August 25, 2017, 05:58:35 pm »
Hello! Hope someone can help me out. My camera won't stop power cycling when I directly connect it to my iphone (or ipad). Seems to work fine when not physically attached to my phone but as soon as you plug it in the camera restarts and continues to power cycle.

The issue seems to have been triggered by a failed firmware update. The only reason I suggest that is because it was working fine until I lost wi-fi connection while using it remotely. When I checked the OLED screen, it seemed to be updating because there was a progress bar. Once the progress bar was complete, the camera powered down and now the camera doesn't work properly.

I created a quick video that you can find below so you can see exactly what is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSlz-fikuWc

At this point, I've already submitted a support ticket (Request #122261) but still waiting for a response. While I wait, figured it was worth a shot to post my experience here on the forum in case anyone else has recommendations or solutions.

Thank you!!!
Aaron

zengjie

Re: DxO ONE keeps restarting (power cycling)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 08:12:47 am »
I have exactly the same problem. Aaron, have you find a solution yet?

seldomstatic

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 06:44:12 pm »
I have exactly the same problem. Aaron, have you find a solution yet?

Unfortunately, no solution yet. Ticket still open and waiting for a response from the DxO support team.

seldomstatic

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 05:56:56 pm »
After my issue was escalated, tier 2 tech support at DxO recommended I downgrade my firmware manually. After re-installing 2.1, I am happy to report the camera works as expected again and no longer restarts upon connection with my phone. In addition, I updated to the latest firmware (2.2) and have not experienced any problems.

vega

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 05:46:54 pm »
Hi , Can you tell me how to downgrade to 2.1?

llopeziii

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 05:30:19 pm »
What version of iOS are you on? I am on 11.1 and there is an update message that indicates it will be fixed with the new firmware but it still power cycles for me.

seldomstatic

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 12:36:43 am »
I'm currently running iOS 11.1 but if your camera is still power cycling you will probably need to re-install the firmware. After speaking with DXO support, they walked me through a manual downgrade and that resolved the problem. From there I auto-updated the DXO firmware to the latest version and haven't experienced any problems other than the phone not detecting the camera every so often. Even that connectivity issue seems to be happening less on iOS 11.1.

photography