Author Topic: Manually installed Module doesn't´t show up  (Read 470 times)

KameraD

Manually installed Module doesn't´t show up
« on: August 05, 2017, 11:37:53 am »
Hi there,

already have a ticket for this, but maybe someone here had the same problem.
My camera and lens combination does not show up in the appropriate menu. And therefore also the automatic process is failing.
So I went to http://www.dxo.com/de/manual-download and downloaded from there and put them to the Modules folder in my home directory.
But they also don´t show up as installed after this. Did the same on another Mac, so I know its not related to a problem of the installation or system (10.2.6). But also there no go.
Any ideas?

KameraD

Re: Manually installed Module doesn't´t show up
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 12:46:00 pm »
Solved!

It seems the problem has been editing of the exif data by another program used first to open the pictures. Why just this only module, who knows. Anyways, trick is to copy the pics to another location. Select those, than right click open with DxO. Module is found than. Afterwards copy all back and replace the old ones.

KameraD

P.S.
And thanks to the support. Quick replies and very helpful  :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 01:31:36 pm by KameraD »

Stan

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 03:47:26 pm »
I wonder if you have to even bother moving the images and later moving them back.   If they don't show up in DxO...just select them all from where they reside.   After that it should work.   Not sure if deleting existing DoP files matter or not, but keep that in mind.
:)  "Glad to be back..." :)

KameraD

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 08:25:46 pm »
Deleting the .dop wasn't necessary. Deleting the CAFList110.db didn't help. Still strange why just this lens module was effected. But whatever program I used first to open the photos just botched those.

photography
photography