Author Topic: Catchlights  (Read 649 times)

msundman

Catchlights
« on: August 03, 2017, 03:28:01 pm »
Catchlights make a huge difference, and surprisingly often I find myself having to add them manually. It would be immensely helpful if OpticsPro would come with a simple way to add catch lights to photos, so I won't have to jump to another program just for that.

Actually, even local filters might be enough, because then I could just make a couple of hard brushes in the eyes and crank up the exposure a ton for that mask.

Nick_

Re: Catchlights
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 12:06:14 pm »
I am afraid this would be out of DOP's domain of competence. DOP is a RAW corrector and convertor. The feature you request is typically retouching. If you used its dust removal feature you know it's a pain in the neck.
As a user prefer DxO use their resources to improve the core features than divest them in another kind of job.
Nick

msundman

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 06:34:21 am »
The problem with using another software is that it completely destroys the non-destructiveness of OpticsPro. Once you export from OpticsPro into your other software then there's no going back. If you change something in OpticsPro then you have to redo everything you did in the other software, too.

So how about adding a plugin interface then, for users to add their own filters? I'd much rather implement a filter for OpticsPro than redoing thousands of hours of work pointlessly.

Or, as a 3rd option, is there some completely non-destructive image editor, where I can just reload the underlying image and it'll replay the whole history stack on top of the modified image?

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 11:10:22 am »
...So how about adding a plugin interface then, for users to add their own filters? I'd much rather implement a filter for OpticsPro than redoing thousands of hours of work pointlessly..

I like this idea best. Expanding the capabilities of DxO would for me be useful and I suspect for many migrating from Lightroom & Photoshop.

On the other hand, over the years I have obtained various plugins for Adobe stuff, too much really,  and I am enjoying the simplicity of DxO and the lack of many of my plugins is making me think much more about my photography with the result that I think I am becoming a better photographer.
It is all part of the rich tapestry of life.

photography
photography