Author Topic: multiple image compare  (Read 508 times)

markui

multiple image compare
« on: July 11, 2017, 03:29:42 am »
With many cameras capable of capturing multiple images within a second or two, being able to do a full size compare among them to find the best one in the group would be a great help. Perhaps even a way to indicate differences between two, sort of like a blink comparator used in astral photography.

Nick_

Re: multiple image compare
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 04:59:29 pm »
With many cameras capable of capturing multiple images within a second or two, being able to do a full size compare among them to find the best one in the group would be a great help.
I concur. I already requested the possibility of display several pics in the same window as well as the the multi-window feature.

Perhaps even a way to indicate differences between two, sort of like a blink comparator used in astral photography.
This sounds interesting too. I don't understand the “blink comparator feature”. Could you be more specific?
Nick
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 10:43:24 am by Nick_ »

markui

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 12:45:38 am »
When you need to find the difference between two images, you display them in rapid succession, alternating between image A and image B. The parts that are the same in both images will not appear to more. Those parts that have a difference will appear to move.

I envision software that would shift and rotate one image with respect to the other to minimize the differences, thus aligning the majority of the pixels. Those that are still unaligned could be highlighted, made to blink or otherwise displayed to make it obvious which ones they are.

Thus, when multiple images are taken in rapid fire situations, the small changes would be isolated, making it easier to determine which might be the better image. Done two at a time, a whole series would quickly be reduced to the one that is worth keeping.

Nick_

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 10:45:50 am »
Oops!
I didn't reread carefully my message before posting it:  :(
This sounds interesting too. I don't the blink comparator feature. Could be more specific?
Nick
I corrected it:
This sounds interesting too. I don't understand the “blink comparator feature”. Could you be more specific?”
Sorry. Yet you seem to have understood it.

When you need to find the difference between two images, you display them in rapid succession, alternating between image A and image B. The parts that are the same in both images will not appear to more move. Those parts that have a difference will appear to move.
Got it. I think some HDR softs can do the necessary adjustment between shots.

Nick

P.S.
You made little typo too.  ;)

GSC20

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 02:00:05 am »
I have the same suggestion for this software and happy that others like it too.

first step in development could be to show 2 or 3 picture on the screen at the same time so I could compare them directly. This would be a great help especially when working at portrait pictures to compare the look. Often there are minimal differences in mimic.

photography