Author Topic: got a new DJI Mavic pro drone.. the resulting DNG not supported in DX0  (Read 839 times)

Krevvy

FYI just in case it helps anyone... I purchased a new DJI Mavic pro drone, has options to capture as RAW in adobe DNG format... however just got back and tried to load them into DX0 but they are "not compatible"
I have submitted a module request online, but im guessing it would be a while if ever to get support.
Just downloaded & installed a trial of lightroom which process them perfectly.

Mike1

I'm also been hoping for basic DNG support, but it's been over 2 years now...

http://forum.dxo.com/index.php/topic,10295.msg

Nick_

Unlike other softwares, with DOP it's not a question of RAW format as such (native or DNG) it's the hardware pair lens+sensor that makes sense. For a given camera, let's say a Canon generating CR2 pics, whether you convert them to DNG or not doesn't make a difference. If the camera and the lens have not been tested in DxO labs and if the corresponding module has not been released DOP will not be able to read the pics.
I have legacy DNGs (converted from the original format) shot in the 2000's with a FUJI that DxO never tested. It's as if the files were dead for DOP. I converted them to TIF just for the sake of having them displayed.
So if DxO doesn't think the market is significant enough for your drone you can forget about treating them with DOP.

Nick

Krevvy

Thanks for the Replies.

Mack

I have a Phantom P4 and same boat.

Just acquired a DJI Inspire 2 with two cameras: their X4S fixed camera and lens, and their X5S which is a micro four-thirds format, and DNG with it should be supported as M43 is a popular format among manufacturers.  It uses mostly generic M43 Panasonic and Olympus lenses so it shouldn't be a problem.  Hopes are it will soon support the wides like the Laowa 7.5mm rectilinear as well as some othe 7-8mm fish eyes from sundry manufactures in the M43 style.

As many Mavics out there with a fixed-lens camera shooting DNG there's no reason it should not be supported either as Adobe is supporting DJI now as is On1 and Blackmagic Resolve.

Fwiw, I've also put in a request.

photography