Author Topic: Film Type Descriptions  (Read 2286 times)

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
Film Type Descriptions
« on: June 30, 2017, 07:11:34 pm »
Don't know if this is the right place for this, sorry if not. As a new user I am gradually discovering the joys of this suite of apps, I have mainly concentrated on Optics Pro but am now exploring FilmPack and am enjoying the film type descriptions which I find to be most interesting. What I would love to have is all of these descriptions, alongside a photo example,  available online for easy reference. Could this be provided please?
It is all part of the rich tapestry of life.

Pieloe

Re: Film Type Descriptions
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 02:18:58 pm »

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 04:12:27 pm »
Do you know DxO tutorials ?
http://www.dxo.com/us/photography/community/tutorials/getting-started-dxo-filmpack-5

Yes but that is not, as far as I can see, what I am suggesting. Think of a reference book with examples of all the available presets including the descriptions.

lenmerkel

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 01:52:45 am »
Have you tried the stand-alone FP5 program? This can give you what you need - and even better yet - using your own images.

Open one of your images in FP5. You'll get a scroll-able set of thumbs on the right, one for each of the FP5 presets. You can filter these to show, for example, just film-based presets. As you click on one, your image is rendered in the center using that preset, and the description of the preset is displayed on the left. In FP5 preferences, you may need to check the option "Automatically show preset description sidebar". IMHO, much more useful than a generic guide.

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 06:04:59 am »
Thank you lenmerkel for the suggestion. Presumably FP5 means FileMaker Pro 5? If so I do not have it.

lenmerkel

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 06:08:56 am »
No, I was referring to DxO Film Pack 5 - the stand-alone program rather than the plug-in to Optics Pro.  8)

Allsop

• Andrew-Bede Allsop
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 06:24:10 am »
Ah, silly me  :-[ in that case I will give it a go! Many thanks for the heads up.

photography
photography