Author Topic: Cropping and exporting a TIF from DxO  (Read 466 times)

Loquah

Cropping and exporting a TIF from DxO
« on: June 14, 2017, 01:29:01 am »
I'm trialling DxO Optics Pro 11 right now and in my current workflow I use LR as a catalog and to apply ColorChecker profiles to my DNG files before exporting to DxO for adjustments such as noise, contrast, etc. I then return to LR where I export to PhotoShop for retouching and output sharpening. All this results in a TIF file that has been processed in AdobeRGB. I've found that exporting from LR is frought with problems managing the colour spaces and so far have found that DxO and PS are the only safe ways to save JPG versions of my images.

The problem is, when I open the fully edited image in DxO to simply crop and export, I find that it applies more automatic corrections. If I switch off all corrections, I end up with a slightly soft JPG compared to the output from PhotoShop so I am curious as to what's going on. Does anyone else use DxO in the way I have mentioned and if so, what settings should I be leaving switched on? Or should I just stick to PhotoShop as my cropping, resizing and outputting software?

Gorf

Re: Cropping and exporting a TIF from DxO
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 10:47:10 am »
I have trialled DxO twice. I'd really like to use the Prime noise feature. However using DxO with Lightroom seems very difficult as despite my turning everything off apart from Prime, DxO still seems to do things to the image & the colour space just isn't compatible between the two systems. Looks as though I'm back to Nik Dfine. :(

photography