Author Topic: Move all 4 lines of the crop tool at the same time  (Read 267 times)

Ralf Brinkmann

Move all 4 lines of the crop tool at the same time
« on: April 06, 2017, 05:24:29 pm »
Is there a keyboard shortcut, that helps me, to move all 4 lines of the crop tool at the same time (like zooming in)?

Usually I can only grap one corner and move two lines at the same time. I would like to press for example Shift and CTRL (or anything else) and then move one side, but all 4 pages should move at the same time in the same ratio.
W10x64 - DxO Optics Pro 11 Elite - Filmpack 5 Elite - ViewPoint 2

KolinP

• My photography doorway
Re: Move all 4 lines of the crop tool at the same time
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 06:35:18 pm »
Hi Ralph,

Yes, I can see the value in this idea too.

(I'm guessing that you're double-checking whether you've missed an existing way to do this before proposing it in the Feature suggestion thread, but I'll happily add a +1 there if you do propose it.)

To the DxO Developers, hows-about the following idea:

We already know that in almost all editing conditions we can use the SPACE bar to override the current editing tool to slide our image up, down, left or right or even to Zoom our entire picture, so I wonder if the DxO developers could arrange that - when the Crop tool is active - if we pressed the SPACE bar while the cursor was inside the Crop boundary, then the Zoom function would change the scale only of the four Crop lines, and thereby provide the behaviour the OP (Ralf) has described?!  Conversely , if (in this imaginary hypothesis here) we pressed the SPACE bar while the cursor was outside the Crop boundary, then the Zoom function would behave as 'normal', to zoom the entire image while maintaining the ratio of the still-active Crop boundary?

Just a thought. There's probably a better way of achiveing this, but it's still a good idea I think.

Colin P.
Nikon D700. DxO Optics Pro Elite. Capture NX2. IMatch. NEC PA241W Pre-calibrated Monitor. No plans ever to use Photoshop.
Keen to learn & happy to share.

Bencsi

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 09:40:31 pm »
Why not ? If it is not very complicated.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

Nick_

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 11:15:44 am »
Hi Ralf
I already entered feature requests: Crop Tool: 3 requests plus one. I just added one to address your issue. Please support it.
TIA
Nick

photography