Author Topic: Where to place ViewPoint 3 in existing workflow.  (Read 609 times)

Martin van Gog

Where to place ViewPoint 3 in existing workflow.
« on: April 01, 2017, 04:23:57 am »
I don't know if this the right place to post this topic.
I considering to buy a ViewPoint 3 license.

At this moment my workflow, with Lightroom & DxO Pro Elite 11, is exactly as it is described in the manual and it works perfectly.

Start in LR-> Send to DxOP->Send Back to Lightroom.
But how to fit in ViewPoint?

Start in LR-> Send to ViewPoint (as Stand-Alone Editor)-> Send to DxOP-> Send Back to LR?

Or; Start in LR-> Send to DxO-> Use ViewPoint as Plugin->Send Back to LR?
What is the most perfect solution, or is there another work-around?  Or am I completely wrong?

I.M.O. Stupid questions are just the questions that are not asked.

Loking forward to your answer(s), Martin

Alan9940

Re: Where to place ViewPoint 3 in existing workflow.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 10:34:54 pm »
Hi Martin,

No idea of "best workflow", but I've always used VP from inside OP and I've never faced any perspective correction that couldn't be fixed that way.

Best regards,
AlanH

Priscilla Turner

Re: Where to place ViewPoint 3 in existing workflow.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:07:14 am »
I absolutely agree. I start with a preset for my current cam and VP settings are part of my formula. I can always change them for processing a particular image. Because I do a lot of scenes with buildings, I am finding the automatic vertical correction a very useful one to start with. It's  mostly far more accurate than anything I can do by eye and hand, in fact I have been returning to some images in order to apply it. If as occasionally it produces a bizarre effect, one just turns it off.

photography
photography