Author Topic: "Not connected" even though it's physically connected  (Read 1970 times)

ck0617

"Not connected" even though it's physically connected
« on: February 14, 2017, 08:23:32 am »
I've enjoyed my DxO for a year, but suddenly it has stopped connecting to my phone or iPad. Even when it's powered up and physically connected to my i-devices, my phone or iPad won't work as viewfinders anymore, and shows that the DxO is "not connected" when I look under "About" on the app.

This happened suddenly, and did not coincide with an iOS update. Could anyone help?

SpencerSL

Re: "Not connected" even though it's physically connected
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 04:34:36 pm »
An issue like this should go directly to DxO Support.

https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=399188

drsoeasy

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 09:33:37 am »
I have the same problem :(

spektacle

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 08:11:46 pm »
This happened to me too a couple months ago - really annoying.

Alexfo04

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 09:09:32 am »
Hey guys!

Same thing is happening to mine!

How did you or the support manage to fix it?

Cheers

Alex

strpyw

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 06:13:00 am »
same happened to my camera, last use 4 months ago, then i left it idle until yesterday
firmware and ios all updated

martowl

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 03:09:17 pm »
Same thing for me iOS11 and latest firmware.

marco_borghesi

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 12:44:25 am »
To be fair we have been advise not to update to ios11. Mine is perfectly working by the way

dsrw

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 09:44:59 am »
To be fair we have been advise not to update to ios11. Mine is perfectly working by the way

Where were we advised not to update to ios 11? I haven't seen anything public from DxO on this issue. I was told by a support rep that they're working with apple on the ios 11 issue, but it sounds to me like it will require an ios update to fix.

I expected a public statement on this, as it's been broken for months on the ios betas. I'm genuinely curious where this was announced.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 07:43:50 pm by dsrw »

dsrw

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 09:15:53 pm »
The just released 11.0.1 fixes this issue for me, at least so far. Fingers crossed.

Never mind. It worked well on the first launch and for about 30 minutes afterwords, but it's back to being flakey.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:00:07 pm by dsrw »

marco_borghesi

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 10:45:30 pm »

Where were we advised not to update to ios 11? I haven't seen anything public from DxO on this issue. I was told by a support rep that they're working with apple on the ios 11 issue, but it sounds to me like it will require an ios update to fix.

It was a message in dxo app message center

I expected a public statement on this, as it's been broken for months on the ios betas. I'm genuinely curious where this was announced.

cvandevoorde

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 05:57:06 pm »
Hi everyone,

We tried to warn you through our message center not to update to iOS 11 but it seems that the news hasn't reached everyone. We'll make our best to communicate on a wider scale next time.

By now, you've probably already noticed the current versions of iOS 11 (11.0, 11.0.1 and 11.0.2) are not always compatible with your DxO ONE. Your DxO ONE might not be recognized when you connect it.

This issue may resolve itself if you reconnect your DxO ONE several times. Moreover, this problem seems to have been permanently resolved in iOS 11.1. Apple is currently offering a beta version of this update, and it will be available in the next few weeks.

Our technical support team is ready to answer any questions you might have at http://support.dxo.com/.

We would like to apologize for this inconvenience, which unfortunately was out of our control.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Sincerely,

Your DxO Team

photography