Author Topic: Organizer does not refresh  (Read 581 times)

norms

Organizer does not refresh
« on: February 13, 2017, 05:09:02 am »
I am brand new to DXO Pro 11 and have had some amazing success using the tool so far.  Problem, while in lightroom CC today I decided to clean up and rearrange my folder structure to clean things up.  All went perfect, lightroom CC folder list matches my hard drive folder list and everything works but.

When I opened DXO and went to organizer it still shows the old folder structure.  I changed folders and came back to the bad folders thinking I had to refresh and still nothing.  I shut down DXO and restarted still the wrong folder list.   I have tried everything but it appears that DXO read the folder structure the very 1st time I opened it and will not update to any changes.

I am running a MacBook  Pro with Sierra OS

Any idea how to fix this?  Just basic file management but hmmmm.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:42:14 pm by norms »
Norm

norms

Re: Organizer does not refresh
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 08:11:04 am »
Great news, got home from work and started up my system and now the folder directory is working correctly.  A mystery but all is good now.
Norm

Nick_

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 12:05:24 pm »
I experienced similar issues. DOP doesn't like changes in the folder structure and changes in the content of the folder that's open. It may even crash. The Organizer still needs some enhancements.
I have a similar issue with Adobe Bridge.
When I make changes with one soft I make sure the other is not displaying that part of the data.
In cases like yours you may need to quit and relaunch.
Nick

MikeFromMesa

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 01:20:55 pm »
It has been like this for a very long time.

OP provides functionality for users to send their images to external editors but, when you modify an image in some external editor and save it back with the same name as the OP used, the thumbnail may or may not update to show the changes and there is no way to force a refresh without either changing folders or exiting and restarting Optics Pro, and even then sometimes that is not enough.

I have reported this as a bug and was told to not return images from an external editor back to OP for further processing. Sort of like that old joke - "Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I do this. Doctor: Then don't do that". The Windows version has a refresh option for the folder but the Mac version does not.

While OP has a problem displaying changed images it does generally recognize new images in an existing folder and I have had success with saving any externally edited images with a different name. I wonder if changing a folder name would also fix your problem.

photography