Author Topic: Loading error when using TIFF  (Read 348 times)

TheCipher

Loading error when using TIFF
« on: January 30, 2017, 12:39:00 am »
I am getting "loading error" when trying to import tiffs.

Its only with certain programs not all.
For example if I save a RAW in photoshop, or Nikon Capture NX-D, to tiff it will load fine. If I try to use a tiff made in Corel or Apples Photos i get the load error.

However if I export a RAW to tiff in Apple Photos, then take the tiff and open it in Photoshop, then just save it, it will then open in DXO. So something photoshop is adding to the file is allowing it tow work.

I'm not sure whats happening or how to fix this.

Thanks
Jim

MikeFromMesa

Re: Loading error when using TIFF
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 01:04:49 pm »
Some applications produce tiff files that contain an active alpha channel and, at least in previous versions of Optics Pro, OP could not load these tiffs. I had this problem with OP 10 and On1. I would save a tiff from On1 and be unable to load it into OP and I had to load the tiff into my pixel editor (Affinity Photo), flatten the image and remove the alpha channel and then OP could load it. I am not saying this is your problem but it could be this or something similar.

Could you post the image to dropbox or some other online service so people can check to see what might be the problem?

TheCipher

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 07:04:16 pm »
Yeah there's definitely something going on with the file when its being saved. I really want to use Apple Photos (the interface is the worst I ever used, but I like how it edits raws) and then load my tiffs into DXO for noise reduction after.
(Photos has a extension for DXO, but you can only load pics into it one at a time, which is impossible when you have 1000s of pics to get through!)

Anyway here is a file I uploaded saved from Photos, I just sized it down a bit....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/btq77kq3u5bnejb/_DSC4080.tiff?dl=0

MikeFromMesa

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 01:12:15 am »
I downloaded the file but it opened properly in my version of OP (11.3.0, build 58). If it did not open in your version  I do not know what the issue might be. What build are you using?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 01:13:46 am by MikeFromMesa »

TheCipher

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 01:37:14 am »
YES! that seems to have been the problem. I was still using version 10. I just upgraded to 11, and it works now. I can't believe I didn't think of that.
I guess I assumed it should have worked in version 10! its a tiff image why not? lol

Thanks for the help!

MikeFromMesa

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 03:21:39 pm »
Glad to hear that you got it worked out. If I remember correctly I reported this as a bug against 10 and, if I do remember correctly :), they appear to have fixed it.

photography
photography