Author Topic: DxO not picking up lens data?  (Read 1179 times)

bplondscz

DxO not picking up lens data?
« on: January 18, 2017, 11:25:19 pm »
Have downloaded modules for 40D and 24-105 IS and 70-200 F4 non-IS lenses but DxO can\'t find the module for my photos. Followed the FAQ and checked for the modules being listed correctly which they are. Also the photos are a clean load from my card so no other programs have touched them. Went into Prepare and looked at the exif data and all looks ok except for the lens info which doesn\'t refer to the lens for example on the current photo (with the 70-200) it says "79-72mm".  Is this where the lens name should appear? If it helps the main frame of the page just shows a slice of the picture but with one colour e.g. green.

I\'d appreciate any help. Can\'t do anything at all at the moment.

P.S. Also reinstalled DxO and this hasn\'t fixed it.

Alan9940

Re: DxO not picking up lens data?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 10:41:35 pm »
Sounds to me like something is clobbering bits-n-pieces of your EXIF data or the information is not being properly stored. The biggest trick with lens identification is deciphering which tag is used by OP to retrieve the lens info to match up lens with correct lens module. If you really want to get into this, I'd suggest picking one lens that you're having issues with and play around with EXIF until you find the right tag for that lens. If you're successful, your other Canon lens should be the same tag...hopefully.

If it were me, I'd try to track down why the EXIF lens information isn't being stored properly.

Good luck!

Kind regards,
AlanH

photography