Author Topic: DXO Battery Life  (Read 1762 times)

binkybink

DXO Battery Life
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:41:43 pm »
Hi -  I have been trying my new DXO which I was told has a battery life of about 200 photos.  So far I have lost 20% power and taken 2 photos.  The battery doesn't seem to be lasting any longer than 30 minutes.  Has anyone else had this issue (i'm on the latest firmware).  Seems to be a massive flaw.

SpencerSL

Re: DXO Battery Life
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 06:03:34 pm »
I have had pretty decent battery life with my DxO One.  I have tested  video recording from 100% battery, and have been able to record 50-60 minutes of video.

Ensure your DxO One has a sleep time of 30 seconds, you are not using wireless controls, write photos to microSD only, and do not display photos after they have been taken.  That should help with battery life.  If they made the DxO One any larger, then we would be hearing complaints about the size.  The 200 photo battery capacity usually means taking 200 photos continuously.  Not taking 1 photo, viewing the photo, playing around with settings, leaving the camera on for a couple minutes, and then taking another shot. 

pierre453

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 02:03:32 pm »
Hi dears,
I reopen the discussion as I am observing a decrease in the autonomy of my DXO one.
My setup is currently with a 5SE. A few minutes ago for instance, I have recorded a 3 minutes
And the reported level of the battery was 70% before and 20% after !
Also when the battery is fully recharged, after the first 5 shots, the level falls to 80% !
The soft level is the last one and I have also reset the DXO !
What is wrong then ? the battery, the settings in the DXO, the setting in the DXO app, ... or the level indicator ?
Any help would be appreciated
Regards

pierre453

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 12:50:18 pm »
I have seen the link and the 10 tips
But this does not help in fact here
I have made some video tests yesterday
I will report my results in details
But I have observed that the battery level falls quickly to 20% and then stay there quite long before going to 10% where it stays again quite long
I stopped there and recharged

pierre453

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 02:18:00 pm »
I have had pretty decent battery life with my DxO One.  I have tested  video recording from 100% battery, and have been able to record 50-60 minutes of video.
Hi SpencerSL, what was the video setting to get that 50-60 minutes of video. Thanks

MJSfoto1956

• http://www.jmichaelsullivan.com
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 01:55:08 am »
my solution for the small DxO One battery:

cvandevoorde

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 03:55:39 pm »
Hi all,

The battery indicator should be improved in the v3.0 of DxO ONE application, released today.

If you'd like to get even more battery, the new Battery Pack (http://fr.store.dxo.com/autres/battery-pack.html) extends the DxO ONE’s battery life. It includes a Cradle, two rechargeable batteries, and a USB adapter. The Cradle attaches to the bottom of the DxO ONE once the back door has been removed so you can connect either one of the two batteries or the USB adapter. Each battery adds up to one hour of battery life, and the USB adapter allows the DxO ONE to be recharged directly from an external battery.

photography
photography