Author Topic: DxO FilmPack Elite Custom Presets not seen in DxO Optics Pro  (Read 542 times)

coyote

DxO FilmPack Elite Custom Presets not seen in DxO Optics Pro
« on: December 31, 2016, 02:52:54 am »
I just installed some custom presets in FilmPack 5 Elite and I see them there. When I edit an image in DxO Optics Pro 11 I cannot find these presets anywhere in the FilmPack drop-down. I tried installing them in DxO Optics Pro and my efforts seem to be simply ignored.

Is it possible to see these presets in DxO Optics Pro? How? If not, how do I jump to Filmpack and return?

Thanks!

Bencsi

Re: DxO FilmPack Elite Custom Presets not seen in DxO Optics Pro
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 10:06:48 am »
Have a look in the c:\Program Files\DxO Labs\DxO Filmpack5\Presets folder. You can copy the content to the c:\Program Files\DxO Labs\DxO OpticsPro 11\Presets\7 - DxO FilmPack Designer - Color\ folder - or anywhere within the c:\Program Files\DxO Labs\DxO OpticsPro 11\Presets\ folder. The content will appear in the Optics Pro application under Presets.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

coyote

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 03:29:04 pm »
OK .. I copied the presets into C:\Program Files\DxO Labs\DxO Optics Pro 11/Presets as you suggested and they do not show up in the presets list. I tried restarting Optics Pro and they do not show up. I tried importing them under the Preset Editor and restarting and they do not show up anywhere I can find. I must be missing something fundamental here ... they do show up in Film Pack and they do work fine there.

Bencsi

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 06:41:49 pm »
It is funny, the best to write your complain to support@dxo.com.

Sorry for misleading.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

coyote

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 08:00:01 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to help me. I tried exporting one of my preset to the desktop, renamed it, and then successfully imported it so I'm pretty sure I understand how to do it. No luck with FilmPack presets. I''ll take the issue up with support.

Coyote

Ralf Brinkmann

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 10:25:33 am »
Hm, I don't have any presets in the Filmpack5 folder.
W10x64 - DxO Optics Pro 11 Elite - Filmpack 5 Elite - ViewPoint 2

Bencsi

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 02:59:44 pm »
Frankly speaking, the last Filmpack standalone version I installed was v4.
However, in my install folder I found a set of FP presets, called 'DxO-FilmPack-4-Expert-Designer-presets-for-DxO-Optics-Pro'. I think, this was separately delivered DoP compatible collection, incl. 39 Presets. This is exactly same 39 pieces, are in the recent v11 FP5 preset folders.

Digging more deep into the issue, I installed the FP5 now. It is true, the FP5 Program Files folder doesn't include the Presets folder. FP5 save the user presets under the User data folder. Here is the .preset file content and placement comparison of the two apps ( see the enclosed 'Preset format.jpg ). These are far different, that is why it is not simple convertible. The only similarity is the file extension.

It is not an easy solution, but in FP5 the editing sliders are same as in DoP v11/DxO Filmpack Palette. One by one each parameter anyone can manually set in DoP, as it is in FP5 ( see the 'FP edit.jpg' ) and save as user preset in DoP.

Sorry again, to treat as a simple issue. It is not  :(.

Endre

photography
photography