Author Topic: New version crashing  (Read 444 times)

Rex Block

New version crashing
« on: December 17, 2016, 10:08:43 pm »
DXO OpticsPro 11.3.1 build 59 // MBP 16GB OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite

Just upgraded yesterday and already it has crashed twice. In each case, the circumstances leading up to the crash were neither obvious nor apparent, but in both cases, I had gone off to do something else, and tried to come back to DxO, and there was no response, before it finally threw up a Mac crash report.

There was a released version some time back that had crashing issues, which IIRC was attempting to see something in full screen.

This performance and track record is not encouraging. I've become accustomed to a DxO workflow and now know enough to select exactly what I want in the raw post-production adjustments. I really do not want to go learn a new platform (and trash all of my .dop files), but given the lethargic performance, I might have to do just that.

MikeFromMesa

Re: New version crashing
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 03:53:47 pm »
Can you explain what you were doing when you had this problem? I ask because I was wondering if it bore any relationship to the problem I had that caused OP to hang. Since it happened when I was directly working on photos I don't know if my system would have crashed or not, but I could repeat what I did and, every time, it would hang.

I submitted a ticket to support and they were very helpful and eventually identified my problem so I was wondering if it might also be your problem. What steps had you taken that caused this problem? Is it repeatable? Did you submit a crash report to support?

Rex Block

Re: New version crashing
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 05:15:17 pm »
Hi sorry to take so long in responding, but the crashing problem seems to have ceased, for now anyway.

photography
photography