Author Topic: Updating DxO  (Read 1026 times)

rzych

Updating DxO
« on: December 06, 2016, 03:24:40 am »
Coming from Windows to Mac based DxO, for v11.X version updates, can you just run the installer and will it just overwrite the existing version or does it install another version of DxO along side of the existing one?

Also, is there any way on the Mac based DxO to hide the image browser? I can undock it, but in Windows there was line item in View that allowed you to hide it which gave you a little more display real estate to work with.

Thanks!
Canon 5D/24-105/17-40
v4.5.1/v5.3.4/v6.0/v7.0

MikeFromMesa

Re: Updating DxO
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 10:17:21 pm »
Coming from Windows to Mac based DxO, for v11.X version updates, can you just run the installer and will it just overwrite the existing version or does it install another version of DxO along side of the existing one?
I suppose that depends upon whether you are talking about an update or an upgrade. With an update (and I have to admit that I have never really thought about this, nor have I paid much attention) it seems to me from memory that it just overwrites the old version. I don't remember if it asks if you want to overwrite or keep both so my answer is "I think" and not "I know". Next time I update I will have to pay more attention. For an upgrade you get both copies.

Also, is there any way on the Mac based DxO to hide the image browser? I can undock it, but in Windows there was line item in View that allowed you to hide it which gave you a little more display real estate to work with.
I am on considerably firmer ground here. The answer is yes, you can remove the bottom filmstrip. Just place your cursor on the line just below the image until you see the "move border" icon (up and down arrows with a line between them) and then just drag it down to the bottom of the app. You can still use the arrow keys on the screen to move forward or back in your images. You can reverse the change by doing the opposite.

As an aside there seem to be some differences in functionality between the Windows and Mac version with my pet peeve being that you can not refresh the thumbnails manually after some kind of change as you can with the Windows version. Other differences probably also exist.

rzych

Re: Updating DxO
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 02:10:51 pm »
Thanks Mike! As for the "update", yes, I was referring to a v11.X update as opposed to a new version installation. Basically, I don't see many differences between the Windows and Mac versions. Just wasn't sure how .X updates would install.

Rudy
Canon 5D/24-105/17-40
v4.5.1/v5.3.4/v6.0/v7.0

photography