Author Topic: Give me a brush and I will dump LightRoom!!!!  (Read 1125 times)

Bruce in Philly

Give me a brush and I will dump LightRoom!!!!
« on: November 20, 2016, 05:32:08 pm »
Simple as that.  DXO is really great....  and I am getting really ticked at Adobe's move to the subscription model.  Right now, only the local brush keeps me in LR, and that brush is really important!

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Pieloe

Re: Give me a brush and I will dump LightRoom!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 05:59:41 pm »

Have you tried DxO Smart Lighting with Spot Weighted option ?
In manual mode it's not only for faces recognition.

obetz

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 09:11:20 am »
"Smart Lighting with Spot Weighted option" is no solution for the OPs request.

I also need local corrections, the tools in Lr are invaluable. A brush and linear gradient filters are needed to keep DxO competitive.

mjdl

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 05:44:21 pm »
Just out of curiosity (I am not a Lightroom user): I had thought that installing DxO in Lightroom's workflow only replaced the native Lightroom RAW processing component, so that all the other Lightroom image editing & cataloging features would remain available once the DxO processing result is present in the Lightroom's internal processing? Is this not the case, then, and using DxO within Lightroom cuts out certain non-RAW editing features?

EDIT: I guess I would prefer the DxO development team's time to be spent on the central RAW processing engine and associated image processing features rather than editing tools easily available in other post-DxO editing tools.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 05:48:00 pm by mjdl »

obetz

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 03:08:54 pm »
EDIT: I guess I would prefer the DxO development team's time to be spent on the central RAW processing engine and associated image processing features rather than editing tools easily available in other post-DxO editing tools.

Lightroom and DxO have a large overlap in functionality, especially in the "develop" process. Many users don't need much more than Lr does, and IMO it's pretty inefficient to hand huge bitmaps to Lr just to add a gradient filter, e.g. dehaze.

besides this, Lr is no more supported as "buy" version.

photography
photography