Author Topic: MacOS Sierra 10.12 issue  (Read 4140 times)

ddigitaldnr

MacOS Sierra 10.12 issue
« on: September 22, 2016, 02:15:50 pm »
The Extension is treating my RAW files from my Canon 100D like Jpegs and is not providing me with buttons for each option i.e they display for a split second and vanish and leave just a slider alone. This only happening in 10.12.

ThomasA

Re: MacOS Sierra 10.12 issue
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 09:05:57 pm »
si i'm not alone. this happens for me also with Olympus RAW Files. i already tried uninstalling/installing and deactivated all other Extensions. it does not work properly.

hartfelder

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 10:05:59 pm »
Same thing for me, since i've updated to MacOS Sierra in beta editions.
The buttons do not display correctly. I've already reported this bug to Apple's Feedback.

See the attachment.

hartfelder

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 01:00:49 am »
New update 1.3, fixed. Thanks.

jav473

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 02:28:17 am »
Whilst the update has fixed many of the issues caused by upgrading to macOS Sierra, I am still having issues with the images that I had already edited before upgrading (from El-Capitan).

RAW images from my Canon DSLR that were edited first in DXO are now displaying pixelated. These images now show as JPEGS. Before the Sierra update they used to be displayed as RAW -  therefore allowing me to do further edits to them within Mac OS X Photos own tools (colour/crop etc). The 'Photos' edit options for these images are greyed out and an ERROR occurs if I try to export these pictures. The only thing it lets me do is revert the image to original.

The only way out seems to be to start again with all these images which seems ridiculous as I have hundreds 'locked' like this.

Any images that were not edited in DXO (e.g. edited in Mac OS X Photos only) are absolutely fine and unaffected by this issue so it must be DXO's extension causing it?

I'm hoping for a speedy fix for this as I fear I've lost all the hard work I put in.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 02:30:58 am by jav473 »

jav473

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 01:14:25 am »
Some new findings after deeper investigation…

The same problem is actually STILL occurring with DXO edits done in your updated 1.3 version used in MacOS Sierra

The problem only happens using RAW images – I only have one RAW camera (Canon 550D), so unable to test it with other models.
The problem only happens if I do an edit in DXO and then edit further in MacOS Photos.
If only editing in DXO then it is fine.
If only editing in MacOS Photos then it is fine.
I also noticed that as soon as I finish doing a DxO update and return to MacOS edit area, the image (at the top of the screen where it shows what type of image it is) now shows the picture has changed to JPEG (originally edited in RAW) – this did not happen like this in El-Capitan. The image used to remain as RAW, and only changed to JPEG if I tried to open it up in DxO a second time AFTER doing edits in MacOS Photos.

I hope this helps you find the source of the problem

Rabudu

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 11:31:02 pm »
Similar issue on my machine (Mac i7).

When using a slider for editing (expl. "Highlights") the picture vanishes for a fraction of a second.
This happens to all kind of files (RAW and JPEG).

Best regards
RaBuDu

jav473

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 08:35:54 am »
In my case at least, after the team at DxO had analysed my raw files and failed to reproduce the symptoms I went back to Apple with this issue.

After some investigation, it was determined that the reason I was having this issue was due to the set up I have. I have my Photos library on a mac server, and this is not supported. The funny thing is that I have been running this set-up successfully with no issues previously. The problem triggered only after MacOS Sierra.

Moving the photos library to my local machine fixed the issue I was having - however any edits I had done previously all have to be redone to prevent them from showing pixelated, and to allow them to be exported as JPEG/TIFF files.

Of course having to redo this work and also not being able to share my photo library easily (without using the cloud) are both far from ideal - but at least i can say the fault lies with Apple and not DxO.

Valdo

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 07:26:54 am »
You have to choose in Photos app preferences RAW pictures!

photography
photography