Author Topic: Upcoming DXO One accessories  (Read 2145 times)

Genuinearticle

Upcoming DXO One accessories
« on: September 03, 2016, 01:03:04 pm »
Questions about 3 new DXO One accessories. 

1.) Optical Adapter - since the lens cover door needs to close in order to power off the camera, when this adapter is attached is the battery perpetually draining?  Or in the upcoming firmware update will there be a way to power off while the cover is still open.

2.) Stand - the lens cover door needs to come all the way down to have the lightening connector deploy.  The Stand looks like it may obstruct the door from coming all the way down.  Is this the case?  Can a lanyard stay on the DXO One while the stand is attached? 

3.) Zipped Pouch - Can the DXO One fit into the pouch with the stand fastened to it?

Sophie

Re: Upcoming DXO One accessories
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 08:56:12 am »
Hi,
Our sincerest apologies for the late reply. We know you got answers to your questions on Facebook, but let's recap for other forum users who might be interested too:

1) For now, depending on your settings, the camera will switch to sleep mode in order to prevent the battery from draining. You'll find this in your DxO ONE settings.

2) You won't experience such issue as the stand will mostly be used on the DxO ONE when in Standalone mode: if you'd like to use your camera plugged to the iPhone, then we recommend to use a stand that attaches to the iPhone, as it is the heaviest: you'll be able to shoot in a more stable and secure way. But using the Stand when controling the DxO ONE via Wi-Fi is where the Stand comes in handy!

3) The Zipped Pouch was exclusively designed to be the most compact way to carry your DxO ONE in your pocket, so we voluntarily made it just a bit bigger than the camera. The Stand needs to go into the other pocket

Genuinearticle

Re: Upcoming DXO One accessories
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 08:19:02 pm »
Thanks for the thorough reply. Just a follow-up:
1.) since there’s no exchangeable batteries, i consider the onboard battery juice to be precious (mine last about 1hr until time to recharge again) -and that’s when i power it off after each use. It seems that idling in a, for example, “5 min on, then sleep” mode, the battery depletion adds up. And when it powers down, is tapping the screen what powers it back on (I’m talking about when using it without the iphone)? In which case, if I keep the Optical Adapter on, theoretically couldn’t accidentals taps against the screen turn it on inadvertently? Then I’d need to wait another hypothetical 5 mins for it to shut off?

2.) I look forward to the Wi-Fi capabilities. Right now the updated app is saying a direct connection is disabled temporarily until some collaboration with apple is complete.  In the meantime, I’m not sure how often I’ll have a wifi network while in the field.  And yes, I imagine the stand would work best as when it is used as a standalone camera since holding the DXO one & holding the iphone separately is cumbersome. Still, can the stand attach while a lanyard is in the camera?

3.) I like the sound of the stand for gorilla pods, etc. Will the stand unfasten quickly to put away in my pocket? I wasn’t sure if it took some screws or something where the lanyard goes.
Thx for the additional clarification! Hope to get the stand after some more background or see it in review on youtube.

photography