Author Topic: Flip images  (Read 5023 times)

HGF

Re: Flip images
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 06:48:26 am »
It seems there is more demand as expected. Maybe DxO will pick up this request and implement this in the next version.   ::) Thanks for such many responses.

JoachimStrobel

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 12:27:04 am »
This Feature is badly needed for scans. A couple of threads ago, somebody pointed out how great DXO noise reduction works for reducing grain noise from highres scans. So if Dxo is to be used on scans, it needs a flip option too.
Durst M601 - Canon F1 - Sony A7ii

KolinP

• My photography doorway
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 02:47:11 pm »
This Feature is badly needed for scans. (....) So if Dxo is to be used on scans, it needs a flip option too.
I'll vote +1 for this.

I do do some scanning, but I've wanted to flip non-scanned images also in the past, and I'd prefer to be able to do this mirroring/flipping before committing the image for 'Export'.

Colin P.
Nikon D700. DxO Photolab Elite. Capture NX2. IMatch. NEC PA241W Pre-calibrated Monitor. No plans ever to use Photoshop.
Keen to learn & happy to share.

nputtick

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2016, 12:47:57 am »
Surely it needn't wait for a new version?  It could be in any update.  It belongs under the image: rotation menu.  All it requires is an arithmetic reversal of pixel position, a couple of lines of code, at most.

Nick_

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 10:49:14 am »
I missed this discussion a the time.
I concur with this request that would be extremely simple to implement. DOP can rotate, correct distortion, change perspective and many other geometric tweaks. This feature is one of the most basic ones. It's implemented in many very simple softs.
Yet it would be probably necessary to put the discussion in the Feature Requests forum… in the hope DxO people read it sometimes.
Nick

photography
photography