Author Topic: Pentax K-1 Pixel shift  (Read 3018 times)

Iain

Pentax K-1 Pixel shift
« on: June 03, 2016, 11:53:41 am »
It just occurred to me that the new Pentax K-1 takes 4 images when using 'pixel shift'. This seems similar to DxO ONE super raw. I was wondering whether it would be possible to process the K-1 pixel shift files like a 'super raw' to get the same noise reduction benefit.

I don't have a K-1, but I do have a curious mind.

MJSfoto1956

• http://www.jmichaelsullivan.com
Re: Pentax K-1 Pixel shift
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 02:44:48 pm »
+1 for supporting Pentax pixel shift.

I'll go a bit further: while I have been a loyal DxO fan these past 7 years, if DxO doesn't start supporting Pentax pixel shift (K-3ii, K-1) -- and I mean soon -- then I won't be upgrading ever again and will eventually find some other workflow. So while there is a nice new DxO v11 upgrade available I am withholding my money until I see some progress in this matter. I might also add that support for iPhone SE is missing. It is this lack of certain body/lens combinations is starting to affect my photography in a negative way.

Michael

Sophie

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 06:12:31 pm »
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. This might be technically possible, but our team does not plan to work on this for now as they unfortunately do not have the bandwidth to do so. But yes, the Pentax K1 will be supported, please stay tuned for future announcements on our social media pages (no secured date for now).

Priscilla Turner

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 07:24:26 am »
Sophie, I'm sorry, but that is incredible. A camera some of whose raws are not decoded is an unsupported camera.

MJSfoto1956

• http://www.jmichaelsullivan.com
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 02:11:04 am »
Sophie, I'm sorry, but that is incredible. A camera some of whose raws are not decoded is an unsupported camera.

Sadly, I have to agree. After all, the DxO One high-res mode is supported and it is very similar. But I do understand the "bandwidth" issue. I wonder if the DxO model is supportable going forward? It seems that the number of needed modules is permuting in front of our eyes... :(

Michael

Sophie

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 02:57:20 pm »
Hi all,
The Pentax K1 should be supported by DxO OpticsPro 11 in September.

Priscilla Turner

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 12:55:34 am »
So will support for PS in the K3II be coming along soon? That camera is not new.

Ventzy

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 05:05:47 pm »
Hi, About pixel shift feature in Pentax. Please, don't be like owners of Capture1. Decision to not support such important feature just means, that owners of Pentax will go to other software. This feature is really very important to us, and if you are interested from Pentax users must implemented it...

Best regards!

Yirg

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 08:43:49 pm »
Any update on this one? I'm currently using DxO 10 and may likely look elsewhere if PS mode isn't supported.

Priscilla Turner

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 07:25:51 am »
Thanks for keeping this topic alive. I am using 11 Elite which does everything very well except that it won't process my Pixel Shift raws out of the K3-II. That is v. disquieting, especially when the K1 beckons. These are both v. highly rated cameras.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 09:36:19 am by Priscilla Turner »

SeaRefractor

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 07:35:32 am »
I have the Pentax K-70 which also supports Pixel Shift.   So that is a total of three different Pentax camera bodies that support this feature (K3 II, K-1 and K-70).

Hopefully that adds enough market coverage to entice the developer to support the feature.

Priscilla Turner

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 09:29:50 am »
Is it really beyond the wit of (DxO) man to decode to four .tifs that one could then align with layers in PS?

John7

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 07:15:19 pm »
They are unable to stop the spam so don't hold your breath!

photography