Author Topic: Workflow question  (Read 2361 times)

Valdo

Workflow question
« on: April 14, 2016, 08:05:24 pm »
Hi,
little help needed.

When the final adjustments with DxO plugin are done how to handover directly the image to MacPhun Tonality plugin?

Alan9940

Re: Workflow question
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 12:48:05 am »
You don't say what version of OP you're running, but assuming you're on v10 you should be able to expand the "Export to ..." blue button located near the lower-right corner of the Customize screen, select "Export to Application", find your Tonality executable, select file type to export, and your processed image should open into Tonality.

Good luck!

Kind regards,
AlanH

Valdo

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 11:40:04 pm »
Hi Alan,
thank you for reply, but you didnt notice one important thing.
The help request was posted in DxO for OSX Photos, so my
question is how to handover a picture opened in Photos,
adjusted with the DxO plugin sending it directly to Tonality?

Alan9940

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 07:33:50 pm »
Oh, wow, yeah you're correct...I didn't even notice which board your message is posted in.

Sorry, I don't use OS X Photos or the OP extension for Photos. But, I suspect that there are many things that cannot be done in the Photos extension vs the full standalone version of OP.

Kind regards,
AlanH

Bruno S.

• OpticsPro - Product Owner
  • Global Moderator
  • DxO Team
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 11:18:48 am »
Hi Valdo,

OS X Photos is somehow closed to external programs, and you can only edit Photos using the available extensions.
What you need to consider, and which is important in your workflow, is that if you use only one extension to edit your RAW, you still benefit on RAW format.

BUT, as long as you use several plugins, you won't be able to use RAW format anymore, as the exchange format between different extensions, and OS X Photos itself, will be processed JPG.

So we suggest to first edit your RAW format with OpticsPro for Photos, then once done, you will be able to edit processed JPG with other extensions and OS X Photos ... otherwise, you will be only able to edit processed JPD with OpticsPro for Photos.

Hope that is clear for you, if not, let me know.

Regards,

Bruno

Valdo

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 07:04:09 pm »
Hi Bruno,
thank you for explanation. I was somehow expacting that would be not possible
to continue the editing in RAW. Well, I'll continue with the DxO Optics.

Pathal

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 11:01:17 am »
Hi Bruno and Valdo,

I'm not using Photo usually but curious to see what happens in this case.

I have extensions for DxO Optics Pro and for Affinity.

I have opened a DNG file (from the One for test purpose) in Photo, then Open DOP extension, made some corrections, then save it, and I still have a DNG as output.
Then I open the Affinity extension on this DNG, make modifications, and save, and I still have a DNG.
I can then export it as a jpeg, and this works fine.

Did I misunderstood something, or I'm in Raw (DNG) for all this process?
As I don't have the update for other Raw than the ONE I can't test, so is it different for other Raw than for the ONE?
Patrick

MacBook Pro, i5 2,9 GHz, 8 G, SSD 500 Go, Thunderbolt Display 27" 2560x1440 px, macOS Sierra 10.12.2

photography
photography