Author Topic: DXO not recognizing manual focus Samyang lenses  (Read 8701 times)

nputtick

Re: DXO not recognizing manual focus Samyang lenses
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 06:26:07 pm »
<Wish DXO had a way to let us pick a correction lens
or camera module from a drop down list.>

It does - on the top level banner menu there is "DXO Optics Modules" - first choose the camera body (Canon 6D) and the the lens (Samyang 14mm), both from drop down lists - and it downloads and installs the combination module (as you need both).

espierre

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 08:44:10 pm »
Hello,

Above command didn't work for me under dxo 11, here is the one which is fine:

exiftool -LensModel="Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED UMC AE Aspherical" -FocalLength="14.0 mm" -FNumber="14" -MaxFocalLength="14.0 mm" -MinFocalLength="14.0 mm" -TargetAperture="2.8" -m -overwrite_original_in_place IMG_xxx.CR2

zed

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2017, 08:55:03 pm »
Late on board I know - but for 18 months I've been asking for

Samyang 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC FISH-EYE MFT    on a Panasonic Lumix GH4

I've saved a couple of articles on how to make a diy module for yourself but it looks complicated.

Guess I may have a long wait before DxO produce one ?

Zed

Drew

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2017, 09:19:14 pm »
This entire situation is absolutely absurd. I use the Samyang 14mm lens a great deal. In Adobe Camera RAW all I have to do is manually select the lens profile and the correction is made. None of this crazy need to backup file and run 3rd party tools from the DOS command line on a 32-bit Windows system! And then HOPE it works! This is NOT a solution.

It is INSANE to expect your customers to put up with this! Have you not heard that the year is 2017? Not 1997!

I stopped upgrading with DxO Optics Pro 10 because of this (and the apparent fact DxO won't listen to and address this very legitimate customer complaint with a viable solution).

photography
photography