Author Topic: Dxo with Linux  (Read 11616 times)

fedelin

• http://www.la-gontrie.fr
Dxo with Linux
« on: December 08, 2015, 11:37:46 am »
Hello everyone,
After 25 years of fidelity I decided to live MacOS for ever for Linux (I believe Apple is no longer "thinking different"). It is challenging even if some softwares have a good opensource equivalent. Regarding photo developpment, after having spent month playing around with Darktable/Rawtherapee/Ufraw/Lightzone, I came to the conclusion that DP/FP/VP is much more efficient (ie : operating is faster to get a given result). Yes I agree this is a very subjective topic and can be definitely discussed but anyway:

Does anyone use DxO Soft Suite on top of Linux? How efficient it is? What middleware do you use? (VB, Wine, Crossover,...), what would be the best Perf/Price ratio for a native Linux laptop according to you?
Any comment would be greatly appreciated.

FrEd

kneops

Re: Dxo with Linux
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 10:02:18 am »
Hi FrEd, I hear you. I moved from Windows and Apple to Linux about eight years ago and never want to go back. I'm a proffessional photographer and webdesigner and never missed any of the Windows or Apple software until I began to photograph in RAW. Currently I'm using Aftershot Pro as my main image library system because it's easy and fast, and sometimes Darktable and RawTherapee whenever ASP does a bad job in rendering the files, which is quite often the case :(. But I would love to use DxO. I used Lightroom once via Virtualbox, but I kinda hate the fact that I have to be sitting behind a Windows screen to be able to use it. And it's slower than software natively running on Linux. I also don't want to use a dual boot and DxO won't work under Wine. Currently I can only say that I think that every software maker should have their product available for three, not two OS platforms. Only supporting Windows and Apple is so oldfashioned ;).

Mike1

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 02:45:52 pm »
I agree with you that it would be good to have a Linux version. I'd have moved to Linux already if it wasn't for my photo-related software. And unless MS reverse their switch from operating systems to spyware-with-mandatory-updates, Linux will be my next OS no matter what.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:47:39 pm by Mike1 »

KC.Heine

• http://www.archiv-heine.com
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 09:56:05 am »
I agree with you that it would be good to have a Linux version. I'd have moved to Linux already if it wasn't for my photo-related software. And unless MS reverse their switch from operating systems to spyware-with-mandatory-updates, Linux will be my next OS no matter what.

+1

kochka

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 03:18:06 pm »
+1
I'm a Linux user for more than 10 years (at work and for my laptops) but I'm obliged to keep a Windows desktop only for DXO and Adobe products...
Some years ago, Linux as a desktop OS was intended to be used by power users like developers, it is not the case anymore.
Core2 E6400 / 2Gb / Nvidia 7600 GT
Nikon D200 MB200 / 17-55 / 70-300VR / 18-70 / 50 1.4 / Tokina 10-17 fisheye / SB800

SoftwareOnLinux

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 12:22:16 pm »
Hey all,

I'm trying to get insight in how many people want DxO on Linux. I hope that if there is enough interest, DxO will consider Linux support.

If you're interesting in using DxO on Linux, please consider adding your +1 on softwareonlinux.com at https://www.softwareonlinux.com/programs/41-dxo-opticspro-11

Thanks!

dvan

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 02:04:01 pm »
+1  At least in Wine or some Virtual box.

Mike1

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 03:07:05 pm »

If you're interesting in using DxO on Linux, please consider adding your +1 on softwareonlinux.com at https://www.softwareonlinux.com/programs/41-dxo-opticspro-11

...or here to request DxO PhotoLab on Linux: https://www.softwareonlinux.com/programs/140-dxo-photolab

igor123

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 12:46:43 am »
+1!

DT or RT aren't even close to the "throughput"/"images done per time unit"-think...

Papangelo

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 11:27:56 am »
+1 from me too

Cecil176

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 12:48:27 pm »
how to install DxO optics in windows?

I am constantly trying to install DxO Optics in my Windows Professional Pc. But, each and every time it says that, DxO only supports to windows service packs. I am fade up doing this now.
Please tell me what should i do? Mobdro

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 06:33:43 am by Cecil176 »

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 01:03:50 pm »
how to install DxO optics in windows?

I am constantly trying to install DxO Optics in my Windows Professional Pc. But, each and every time it says that, DxO only supports to windows service packs. I am fade up doing this now.
Please tell me what should i do?

Hello,

Which OS version do you have?

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

photography
photography