Author Topic: Installation bug  (Read 1387 times)

Pat91

• PP Photo
Installation bug
« on: December 01, 2015, 07:54:41 pm »
Hi,

When installing an update for DxO Filmpack, the PS plugin is installed in Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Plugins although I have Photoshop CC 2015. The Photoshop CC 2014 folder is systematically created although it had been previously removed.

So each time, I have to manually copy the plugin from Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Plugins to Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Plugins .

This is not new. The problem was already there with previous versions.
Patrick

Pat91

• PP Photo
Re: Installation bug
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 12:07:11 pm »
I have reported this problem to the support. They answered : "no bug - your PS CC 2015 might not be correctly installed".

How to reproduce the problem if you have PS CC 2015 installed (and had PS CC 2014 previously installed, and uninstalled):

- Go to the Control Panel
- Right-Click Filmpack and select Change
- The installer starts. Select Repair.

Once the Repair has been done, you'll see that the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Plug-Ins\DxO FilmPack 5 folder has been created and the latest version of the plugin installed there instead of C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Plug-Ins\DxO FilmPack 5.

So you might have installed an update for Filmpack after installing PS CC 2015 and had the plugins updated in the PS CC 2014 folder which the installer re-created even if it had been deleted.

You should check this, IMHO.
Patrick

DDan

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 10:54:25 am »
have you done it what youve been told by support? Is it working for you?

Pat91

• PP Photo
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 02:40:48 pm »
have you done it what you've been told by support? Is it working for you?

Since they didn't recognize the problem at that time, I just moved the plugin manually to the correct folder.

But well, the problem is about 2 years old, we are now using PS CC 2017, the plugins folder is now C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC which makes such installation errors no longer possible,...
Patrick

photography
photography