Author Topic: DxO OpticsPro for Photos Mac Extension  (Read 6255 times)

poopstick

DxO OpticsPro for Photos Mac Extension
« on: October 01, 2015, 04:01:09 am »
Apparently Optics Pro is coming to the Mac App Store.
Has anyone heard anything, or have an ETA?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205245

MikeFromMesa

Re: DxO OpticsPro for Photos Mac Extension
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 04:10:36 pm »
Apparently Optics Pro is coming to the Mac App Store.
Has anyone heard anything, or have an ETA?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205245
No, but apparently OP is now moving in a different direction.

First there was the integration with Lightroom and the ad touting OP as a sort of plugin for LR and now extensions for Apple Photo. I wonder what, if anything, this means for the future direction of OP and I also wonder if this means that OP is trying to expand into these niche markets (plugins for other products) or if OP is trying to counter a loss of market share in the workflow tools area.

There are not that many such Pro quality tools (Lightroom, CaptureOne and Optics Pro are the only Pro type tools that I am aware of) although there are more down market (Corel's AfterShot Pro, ACDSee Pro 3/6 and some others). and there must be fierce competition for market share.

MacGPS

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 07:35:23 pm »
Because I'm using Apple Photos for my photo library this extension would be very helpful for me:

Two questions:

1. Is the Extension functionality restricted on  the planned DXO OP Appstore version or will it also come with the "normal" DXO OP 10 version?

2. Will be the extension functionality part of the essential or the elite version of DXO OP 10?

Andreas

kettch

• DxO Optics Pro Mac Team Leader
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 08:56:49 am »
Stay tuned guys ;)

Oakland211

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 07:19:41 pm »
In the Mac App Store near you right now, 50% off ($10). Makes me wonder why I paid DxO for it....

platypus

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 09:29:37 pm »
Look at the following message:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/3589682176/dxo-brings-opticspro-extensions-to-apples-photos-software

Some functionalities are plugged into Apple's Photos app., not all of OpticsPro though...

Cheerio
Platypus
iMac late 2012 / 2.9 GHz 4 Core i5 / 24 GB / GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB

indyelvis

• The Last Picture Taken
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 10:31:10 am »
Well, I bought the full Elite package as a x-mas gift to myself ... just before the DxO app appeared on The App Store ...
I use Photos as my photo library, but I also do one or two little editing things with it, depending on what kind of photo/use for it I am working on. I have Pixelmator there, Tonality too ...
And I would think that after spending €199 on editing software, DxO would be there as well, without me having to buy the app as an extra feature in Photos ...

Maybe it is, but I have missed some how-to information .. ? Anyone know?

MJSfoto1956

• http://www.jmichaelsullivan.com
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 11:49:35 pm »
I've used it several times now and like it a lot for my "less critical" images shot on my iPhone or point-and-shoot -- a smart move on their part IMHO. If they would add a lightweight version of VP I'd pay another $10US for that as well.

Michael

Lifefir3

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 03:31:56 pm »
I have both the Elite version and DxO OpticsPro for OS X Photos,  I don't want to use LR to manage my photo library, because I don't believe in rental software.  It will be perfect if DxO Optics Pro 11 provide an extension for OSX Photos just like the LR plugin.

MikeFromMesa

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 02:56:21 pm »
I have both the Elite version and DxO OpticsPro for OS X Photos,  I don't want to use LR to manage my photo library, because I don't believe in rental software.  It will be perfect if DxO Optics Pro 11 provide an extension for OSX Photos just like the LR plugin.
Lightroom is also available as a purchased product and I have that.

When I purchased it I assumed there would be no more updates but, in fact, there have been and the original LR 6.0 is now at LR 6.8 so you might want to consider that if you like both LR and the way it integrates with Optics Pro.

photography
photography