Author Topic: DxO OpticsPro launch bug with Windows update - Hot Fix to come  (Read 6365 times)

Sophie

• Administrator
DxO OpticsPro launch bug with Windows update - Hot Fix to come
« on: January 16, 2015, 05:55:40 pm »
Hi all,

The latest version of DxO OpticsPro 10 being incompatible with the latest .NET Framework 4.5 update, which Microsoft just decided to make “automatic”, some of you may therefore be unable to launch DxO OpticsPro 10.

For your information, we are planning on releasing a Hot Fix for this issue on Monday, December 19. In the meantime, we recommend to wait for this fix before updating Windows.

Our apologies for the inconvenience, and many thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.
Sincerely,
The DxO team

John7

Re: DxO OpticsPro launch bug with Windows update - Hot Fix to come
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 04:30:53 pm »
The fix is out now

Rondo

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 05:24:26 am »
Reported in Corel forums and support, the .Net Framework 4.5.2 update from Microsoft this month, listed as Important, has caused Corel programs to hang and not start.

http://howto.corel.com/index.php/Corel:Painter_users_with_.Net_4.5.2_installed?family=&uselang=en&kb=true&product=Category:Painter&version=Category:Painter_2015&topic=&sKey=.net

Another DxO user on DP Forum reported same issue.  The solution is to uninstall it.   Microsoft has already put out a .NET 4.6 as a result.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44928

However, if any program requires a certain version of .Net Framework it is usually included in the installer, and if it's not Windows or the program will prompt you to download and install the necessary version.

a1collet

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 07:45:22 pm »
Not had any problems, think I avoided the issue. I see Windows Update installed .NET 4.5.2 with update KB2934520 on the 15th Jan. Installed latest OP10 ealier today.

Andrew

bgerber

New Problem Installing DxO OpticsPro v10.4.2.707 on Windows 10
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 08:55:11 pm »
The latest update for OP (DxO OpticsPro v10.4.2.707) will not install on my Windows 10 PC. If I double click the EXE file, I get the Windows error "This App Can't Run on Your PC - To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher." If I try to run the EXE in a Command Prompt as Administer, the program runs but will only "Repair" or "Remove" the software.

Priscilla Turner

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 07:10:15 am »
As I have written in another thread, Repair may be all you need.

photography
photography