Author Topic: Migration path from OP to PL  (Read 1253 times)

Fotoguido

Migration path from OP to PL
« on: April 11, 2018, 06:10:11 pm »
Hi guys,

any experience with migrating from OP to PL? e.g. how to transfer OP workingspace, presets and optical modules. Or does this have to be managed from scratch? :-(

Can not find anything in the manual. Thanks for ideas.

Bencsi

Re: Migration path from OP to PL
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 11:44:17 pm »
Unfortunately the update neglect all Workspace and Export user definitions.

Workspace: copy your user workspace from c:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\DxO_Labs\DxO OpticsPro 11\Workspaces\
to c:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\DxO\DxO PhotoLab 1\Workspaces\ folder.
Export formats: you have to generate again all new items.

Fortunately, the DoP v11 will still running after upgrade, therefore you can keep open both during Export items generation.

Endre
Win7/64 PC, i7-3770, 3.9GHz, 24G RAM, Intel HD-4000 GPU, 27" calibrated LG monitor 1920*1080 px res. 82 DPI

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 09:03:00 am »
Hi guys,

any experience with migrating from OP to PL? e.g. how to transfer OP workingspace, presets and optical modules. Or does this have to be managed from scratch? :-(

Can not find anything in the manual. Thanks for ideas.

Hello,
About the workspace, yep Endre is right it's not possible to migrate it, the same for the modules (but actually you need several seconds to download a module). Technically you can copy modules from here c:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\DxO_Labs\DxO OpticsPro 11\Modules\ to the same Modules folder for PL but I wouldn't recommend you to do that as it's better to download fresh files.

As for you custom presets, yes it's possible - you have the button "Import" in the Preset editor palette and you can import all your presets.

And one more possible between OP11 and PL1 -> you can restore your database from OP11: FILE -> DxO PhotoLab database -> Restore...

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Fotoguido

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 11:18:12 am »
Dear Svetlana and Endre,

thank you for this advice, copy-pasting presets and Workspace did work fine as described. Recreating the Export Options were also very easy. Fine  :)

If you allow another question: I'm missing Zoom %, 1:1 button and the doublecross in the customize tab iconbar. They are hidden behind a small arrow at the very right side of the iconbar. How can I get them back where they were in OP11 and as also displayed in the PL Manual (pdf and online-help)?

Thanks again and kind regards
Guido

sgospodarenko

• DxO tester (Win version)
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 03:56:17 pm »
Hi Guido,

The main menu buttons are moved to an additional drop down in case there are no place for them in the screen. To get them back you can play with your Display settings by changing the scale and/or resolution.

Regards,
Svetlana G.
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Fotoguido

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 06:56:36 pm »
Thank you Svetlana, I am fine with this. But changing Display Settings is no Options. Function should be descibed in manual update, I see lots of pics from DOP11 in it.

Cheers, Guido

Fotoguido

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 08:39:32 pm »
Hi Svetlana,

I'm now pretty experienced with PL and must say it is a killer product, thanks a lot to you engineers.

But again, the zoom function is missing esp. to Switch to 75% whereas I e.g. absolutely do not need the Present or Reset Buttons. Would be good to have this custómer configurable in next release. Are there already plans or is there a Workaround?

Thank you
Cheers, Guido

photography